Iceland Travel Guide
Iceland is a unique place, one that impresses every visitor beyond expectations. It’s a country that has a lot to offer even to the most seasoned traveller. It also transforms every season and no matter when or how you choose to discover Iceland, this magical place will not disappoint.
Maybe you are still undecided about visiting Iceland and are looking for travel inspiration. Or maybe you are planning your Iceland trip itinerary and don’t know where to start. Or you just need some practical advice or reassurance for your upcoming trip to Iceland… You should be able to find all the information you are looking for here.
To make your Iceland trip planning and research easier, I created this page that bundles up all our blog posts about traveling to Iceland. From trip inspiration to sample trip itineraries and much more. Take a look!
TIP: Join our Facebook Group for Iceland and Scandinavia Travel. We have lots of members who know the region quite well and should be able to help you with the practical side of planning a trip to Iceland and other Nordic Countries.
***This page contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a qualifying purchase through such a link. More info: Disclosure.
When to go to Iceland
Iceland travel inspiration
- My favorite photos from Iceland
- Top-10 Places Not to be Missed in Iceland
- Top 5 Winter Experiences in Iceland
- Glacier Hiking in Iceland
- Why visit Iceland
- Two Things You Should Know About Reykjavik
- How To See and Photograph The Northern Lights
Iceland itinerary suggestions
- Best Iceland Itinerary Suggestions (From 1 to 14 days)
- The Best Iceland Winter Trip Itinerary For One Week (Covers all the highlights of the South Coast in 7 days, can be done in 4-5 days in other seasons)
- How To See THE BEST of Iceland in just 4 days
- See The Best of Iceland’s Highlands with a Private Driver – 4 Day Itinerary (Bucket List Trip)
Best tours and day trips in Iceland
- Best Guided Tours in Iceland (All Seasons)
- Best Iceland Day Trips, Excursions, and Tours from Reykjavik in Winter
Practical information for visiting Iceland
- HOW Expensive is Iceland (+ How To Save Money)
- What to Pack and What to Wear in Iceland in Summer
- What to Pack and What to Wear in Iceland in Winter
- Practical Information for Traveling to Iceland
- How to Get to Reykjavik from Keflavik Airport (Complete Guide to Airport Transfers)
- Winter Driving in Iceland
Camping in Iceland
Accommodation in Iceland
- Where To Stay in Iceland: in Reykjavik and Along the Ring Road
- Booking.com is our first resource when booking accommodation for all our trips, also in Iceland. They have the best selection of hotels, B&B’s, and privately owned accommodations and the best transparent booking system.
- Hotels Combined is also a great site to compare hotel prices and find the best deals for your trip to Iceland. Chances are big, they’ll direct you back to Booking.com anyway, but if you want to be sure you’re getting the best deal, it doesn’t harm to check here.
Car Rental in Iceland
- If you are looking to rent a car in Iceland, I can highly recommend Lagoon Car Rental. It’s a family-run local car- and camper rental. They offer a great selection of cars at competitive prices. What’s more important, the booking process is very easy, transparent, and there are no hidden fees. You know exactly what you’re paying for, which car you’re getting, which roads you can drive with the specific type of car, and what is or isn’t covered by your selected insurance. This is the company where we rent our car when we travel to Iceland.
- If you want to be sure you’re getting the most competitive rates, I recommend using this car rental search engine to check for the best deals for car rental in Iceland. Just don’t forget to budget for extra insurance costs and remember that this search engine doesn’t include many local companies, like the Lagoon Car Rental mentioned above.
Flying to Iceland
- It’s important that you are well covered when traveling, so a good travel insurance is a must. Here you can find more information about how to find the best international travel insurance.
P.S. If you found this page useful, don’t forget to bookmark it for later reference and share it with your friends who are thinking of visiting Iceland. Are you on Pinterest? Save this image!